This recipe is for 5 servings, so if you are cooking for a larger group, you will probably want to increase the ingredients and use a 9x13 pan.
The nice thing about this is that there is a lot of play in the ingredients. You can add as much salsa, rice, cheese, tortillas as you like. Also, I'm sure you could do many different things with the flavor of it, but this is just the basic recipe.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound cubed skinless, boneless chicken breast meat
- 1/2 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can sweet corn, undrained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- Shredded Mexican-style cheese
- Crushed plain tortilla chips
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute chicken in oil until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Add taco seasoning, beans, corn, and salsa. Cover skillet and simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Transfer chicken mixture to a 8x8 inch baking dish. Mix in rice.
- Top with cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Add more cheese and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.