Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Only Me

I don't blog too much about my personal life, but every now and then I feel inclined to share.

So, last night (Tuesday)...my fiance and I decided that we would take the last money we have for the moment (he gets paid on Thursdays), and go get some Christmas shopping done for our families. With Mallory's birthday last week, everything has been in a crunch. Next year, I am doing all of this early. Seriously. Or setting money aside early. But, I digress. We went out, and spent pretty much all the money we had until he got paid on Christmas gifts. We get home, and start wrapping presents and he goes to get a drink of milk. It's warm. Our refrigerator had stopped working at some point during the day and was getting warm fast. Everything in the freezer was mostly thawed. Go figure. Isn't that always how things happen? Luckily, my father in law is a crazy money saver, so he loaned us the money for a new to us refrigerator. Unfortunately because of the urgency, we ended up paying more for one than we really wanted to, but, hey...I have a nice big, updated fridge. It's one with the freezer on the bottom, which I wasn't sure if I would like, but now that I am cooking more, it does come in handy to have the fridge part on the top. I rarely even use the freezer anymore except for storing extra meat.

On top of that, he called the landlord this morning and a repair guy is coming tomorrow to fix some things that will make my life a whole lot easier. Thank god. I will finally have a working garbage disposal (that did work, but stopped a while back), dishwasher (we bought one, but didn't have the right parts to hook it up), and upstairs bathroom (the toilet wouldn't stop running, I tried to fix it, and just made things worse along with a leaky bathtub). I am so excited to have all my appliances back in working order. Nothing like a fully functional kitchen and spare bathroom!! Now all I have to do is figure out how to break my stove so I can get a matching one ;-) lol.

I am going to do some rearranging of my clothes in the next few days and make room in a dresser for my polish. It's really just getting out of hand and now I don't know if I am getting the Helmer or not because of the fridge fiasco. I can settle.

Christmas is almost upon us. I for one, will be so glad when it's over and I can go back to normal un-busy life. Planning, cooking, shopping, wrapping, decorating, cleaning, etc. I enjoy it, but also enjoy easy relaxing days.

I hope everyone else's holiday season is going well!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! You have a lot going on! Glad you're able to get things fixed though. It must be a huge relief. Hope you have a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, MariJo, I hope your Christmas is great, as well! And it is a huge relief. You don't realize how heavy things weigh on you sometimes until after the burden is gone. lol.

    ReplyDelete