Many people have inquired as to if I have 'secrets' to winning giveaways. No secrets here. But, I do have some tips that may help you start winning more of the giveaways that you enter!
1. Follow all the rules! I know this sounds simple, but you wouldn't imagine how many entries are disqualified because there are simple rules that weren't followed. Most of the time, following via GFC is the only mandatory entry, but other times you must also follow via Facebook or share the giveaway for all your entries to be counted. Also, if it says leave separate comments for each entry, then do so! If it's worth two entries, then leave two comments. You are robbing yourself of precious entries if you don't.
2. Stay organized. I keep a simple notepad file with dates and then all the giveaways ending on that date listed under them. Simply copy/paste the URL of the giveaway...chances are, you are doing that to share the giveaway anyways. This extra step will only take you an extra half a second, and will save you from entering the same giveaway multiple times. Some bloggers will even disqualify you for multiple entries because they think you are cheating.
3. Browser Add-ons. The 'MyWords' Add-On has been a God send for me. I know there are others out there, you will just have to check it out. Let's face it, I don't want to type out 'I follow you via GFC' and my e-mail 20 times a day. These add ons let you save entry information, like GFC, FB, Twitter, blog, and email values, then enter them with a simple shortcut or, like mine, a right click and then I just select which option I wish to put in. Saves a TON of time on the giveaways where you have to leave comments. Also, a sharing add on, like ShareThis, comes in handy.
* The Official Firefox Addon Page
4. Daily tweets/shares. If you have time to do this, take advantage of the giveaways that let you do daily shares. If the giveaway is open for two weeks, that is up to 14 (or more) extra entries that you can get! To make it easier on yourself, bookmark the giveaways that have daily shares, then go through each day when you have some extra time. Make sure to delete them out of your bookmarks once the giveaway is over so you aren't wasting time tweeting something that you aren't going to get entries for.
5. Subscribe to a couple good giveaway blogs. The more you enter, the more chances you will have to be picked as a winner. I win a lot, but I also enter quite a bit. The lists I post every day, those are what I have entered. Honestly, I win less than one percent of the giveaways that I enter. If you are only entering 10 giveaways a week, then odds are, you aren't going to be winning that much.
Here are a few to get your started (besides mine, of course!)
* Gustosa Giveaways
* Etsy Giveaways
* Blog Giveaway Directory
* Blog Giveaways
I hope this helps! If you have any questions, or other tips that you can think of, please leave a comment! I would love to hear your tips or if any of these helped you at all :)