Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Just life

I didn't really have much to share as far as a Wordless Wednesday went this week. I have lots of pictures of Mallory, but just more of the same kinds of things I have posted so many times already. lol. She's such a little ham.

I had ANOTHER interview this week. This will be my fourth one. Hopefully this is my break. I feel like this one has went the best so far, but maybe that is just because I am getting better at answering 'interview' type questions. It's not a great paying job, but something that will help put some extra money in my pocket for things that I want but don't need. Like more nail polish, clothes, and shoes! haha. And it seems like a really laid back job where I wouldn't be so stressed all the time...Also, very close to home. It would take me less than 5 minutes to get there. So, there are definitely some pros and cons, but more pros I suppose.

I have a sneaking suspicion that even though I have a great work history, the fact that I got fired from my last job is a huge detriment in me getting hired anywhere. I worked at a gas station for nearly five years, I was Assistant Manager there, and one night right at the end of my shift, I was closing out one of my cashier's registers and I was robbed at knife point. Like, the guy came up, grabbed me, held a huge knife right up to my face and demanded the money. Well, lo and behold, there is a limit to how much you were allowed to have in your register and the cashier had over that amount. Since I was the Assistant Manager, and the one closing the register, I was held accountable and fired. I had never been warned or reprimanded about anything of that nature before. The only thing I had ever been in trouble for was using my cell phone on the sales floor.

I am afraid that potential employers are hesitant to hire someone that has been fired from a previous job. Although, this manager that I just interviewed with seemed very understanding and also shocked that I was fired for such a thing. I am just hoping to hear back by the end of the week.

School is going well, but it is only the....4th week, I believe. I always do good at the beginning of the semester, then as it goes on and my grade is pretty much locked, I start phoning it in. I am trying to finish out strong, though. Maybe I can get through the entire semester without skipping class once. AND doing all my homework. Wouldn't that be something?!

Not too much else going on. Keep your fingers crossed that I get this job so I can finally start going to town on my wishlist! lol.

3 comments:

  1. lovely post!
    check out my unwanted beauty box post on nataliece.blogspot.com I'll also be adding new nail art tutorials today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post !!

    I am hosting Boticca.com giveaway curretly, where you can win $100 worth of jewelery and bags...Just click the link below...I'll wait for you there :)

    Enter Boticca.com giveaway and win $100
    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete