Saturday, April 28, 2012

Essie Absolutely Shore

Essie's Absolutely Shore is a very light, whited out, pastel mint green. Almost a sea foam-ish color, but I think there would need to be a tad more blue in it.

The color took me a minute to get used to because I am not used to such light colors on my nails. The application was pretty much what you would expect from something with so much white. Streaky, draggy, bald spotty, and just a pain to apply. This is not knocking Essie's formula, because any brand's pastel cremes usually apply like this.

For the pics I used 1 coat Orly Bonder, 3 coats Absolutely Shore, 1 coat SV.









14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually ended up not liking it much and put glitter over it the next morning. lol.

      Delete
  2. This looks gorgeous on you! Shame about the PITA application :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I pretty much expect that kind of application with anything so light. I've seen much worse!!

      Delete
  3. This shade is very interesting. Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh looks very pretty!! I kept debating whether to get this or not ><.. looks interesting.. it def. would look nice with glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting pics of it with China Glaze Ray-Diant later this week. :)

      Delete
  5. Nice color! It reminds me of OPI Stranger Tides!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, kinda, but I think this is even lighter than Stranger Tides. And less murky-ish.

      Delete
  6. I think your nails look great. So many fun different colors are coming on the market.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love all the new colors coming out. Collecting polish is so fun!!

      Delete