Thursday, April 19, 2012

Julep Mystery Box

Better late than never I suppose?

I took advantage of the Julep Spring Mystery Box and this is what I ended up with...

Cuticle Oil, Base Coat, Sienna, Anne, Melissa, and a nail file.

I have yet to get a 'big' box. This is about the size of the boxes I usually get, so I pretty much got what I was expecting. I would have rather gotten the Fast Dry Top Coat than another Base Coat, though.

Sienna is a really pretty metallic shade of silver/gold. It's hard to describe, really. In some lights it looks silver and others it looks gold. It's definitely beautiful, though, and shimmers like crazy! Anne is a nice medium purple...perfect for spring. Melissa is my least favorite of the three. A sheer iridescent shimmer. You all should know by now I'm usually not a big fan of sheer or layering polishes. It is pretty, though. I do like a layering polish that will change the look of a current mani without being a glitter polish. So, I will give her a try...I think I will like it more than I anticipate.

Overall, like I said, I pretty much got what I was anticipating. I know a lot of people got this same/similar box and they were disappointed with it. Mostly because of dupes, I believe. I don't have many Julep's, so I am not quite worried about dupes yet. I always expect the smallest box when I get the Mystery Boxes, and then who knows, maybe one of these days I will be pleasantly surprised with a larger one!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful colors! My box is currently on its way and now I am so excited! I can't wait to get mine. I've never used Julep before and I am eager to try it out.

    Cheryl
    http://thebarefoothobbyist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their colors are great!! I hope you like them!

      Delete
  2. I was hoping for a "big" box but I was pleasantly surprised with mine...hoping the next one is the big one! haha I like the colors you got though! I did get Melissa in mine and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always hoping for the "big" box!! Good luck to us both for the next time around! :)

      Delete
  3. I've been scared to do Julep's mystery boxes, but if this is a smaller box, I guess I should give it a try...it's more things than a normal box in terms of items - just more of a risk! (and maybe be pleased pleasantly surprised by a large one!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, even in the smallest Mystery Box, you still get more items than in a regular Julep Maven box, I believe. The "It Girl" boxes usually get 3 polishes and 1 extra item...This was 3 polishes and 2 extra items. Or 3 if you want to count the nail file + chocolates. lol. And there is always the chance of getting a big box!!

      Delete
  4. I got the St. Patty's Mystery Box and I didn't really like the colors I received (maya, emma, sophie) so I skipped the Spring Mystery Box. I might splurge and try one again next time they offer the mystery boxes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I didn't care too much for my St. Patty's box either, but I just can't resist a mystery box for some reason! lol.

      Delete
    2. I like the suspense and unboxing moments the best haha

      Delete
    3. lol! That is the best part!

      Delete