Sunday, April 8, 2012

This week's polish additions

Sometimes I am ashamed at how much polish I buy every week.  And then I look at my beautiful polish and that feeling instantly diminishes. I know it isn't normal to acquire 10-20 new bottles of polish every week. My Helmer is almost full. I am thinking about getting my daughter her own little plastic storage drawers and giving her some of my older polish that I don't care about anymore to make room for new pretties. That way when I do my nails, she can too, and I don't have to worry about her getting into the polish that I don't want destroyed. lol.

I was hoping next week would be better, but I am getting a bunch of polish I already spent money on. lol. Essie Brazilliant, Julep Mystery Box (please be a good one!), and a couple giveaway polishes. So, even if I don't actually BUY anything, I will still be posting polish. lol.

Anyways, here's this weeks buys:

I told myself I wasn't going to buy any of these new China Glazes, but darn you Wet N Wild for not coming to my area in a sufficient amount of time! I didn't care for the swatches I saw of these, but they are gorgeous in the bottle. Plus, all polish is B2G1 at Sally's this month. I may go get the other two from this collection....haven't decided yet. :)


Polarized, Prism, Optical Illusion, Ray-Diant
A couple other CG I picked up at Sally's...did it really take me this long to get For Audrey?! lol. And an NYC from Rite Aid. I liked all the colors in the new little spring LE collection they had out, but I figured I had dupes for the other three (purple, mint green, and pink). I don't have too many peach colors, though, so I picked this one up.

CG Grape Juice, NYC Peaches N Cream, CG For Audrey
 Some OPI and NOPI from Target, I believe.

NOPI Purple Yourself Together, OPI Cuckoo for this Color, NOPI All Kendall-Ed Up
And, of course, some Essie's. Barefoot in Blue is a limited edition color that was released in combination with TOMS footwear to promote awareness for people that do not have proper footwear to wear everyday. It looks very similar to Lapis of Luxury in the bottle, so I'll have to compare and see if there is a difference.
Barefoot in Blue, Angora Cardi, Merino Cool

14 comments:

  1. Passing your older polishes on to your daughter sounds like a great idea!
    I consider getting my hands on that grape juice, it's really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to buy Strawberry Fields instead, but it looked pretty similar to Zoya Kimber that I just bought, so I decided on Grape Juice. I'm glad because I don't have anything really like it!

      Delete
  2. These are gorgeous!
    How many do you have in your collection? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 400, I believe. Hard to believe I started with only 30 or so!

      Delete
  3. Let us know how you like For Audrey! How old is your daughter? Does she already enjoy polish?

    Also, do you actually end up using all the polishes, or do you have a lot of unopened ones? I change my polish about once a week and I have some unused bottles in my comparatively tiny collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some other colors similar to FA, but I just had to get it because it's an *it* polish, you know?

      My daughter is three and she is just about as obsessed with polish as I am!! She loves doing her nails and looking at all my polish bottles. lol. She tries really hard to be careful, but even at her best, she's still only three, so it can get messy.

      I have TONS of unopened polish. I change my polish every 2 - 3 days just because I like to switch it up, and I still feel like it will be forever before I use all my colors.

      Delete
  4. Just want to say i have nominated you for the Versatile blogger Award!
    http://makeupgiveaways.blogspot.co.uk/
    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The China Glaze glitters look lovely xxx

    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are very pretty and even more so in person!

      Delete
  6. I was having the same polish issues till I told myself I couldn't buy anymore lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. I keep telling myself that every week...one of these days I will stick to it!

      Delete
  7. I refuse to count my stash but I will be checking Target for some storage this week... I have small boxes everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. Yeah, it may be best not to count!

      Delete