Monday, May 21, 2012

Essie Turquoise & Caicos

Polish posts will be kinda slow this week. My weekend was super busy, so I didn't have much time for swatching. I have lots of yard work to do these next few days...planting flowers and getting my garden ready for planting so I probably won't get 'caught up' til Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully.

Anyways, I do have Essie's Turquoise & Caicos to show you today. If you have been into polish for long, you have probably already seen this color a number of times because it is a favorite among bloggers. Can't hurt to see it again, though :)

A beautiful dusty turquoise that leans a little more green than China Glaze For Audrey. Application was perfect. I used three coats for the pics, but for normal wear, two coats would have been sufficient. Also, I have to say, I got three good days out of this mani without any chips, and that was even with a full days worth of gardening (with gloves). I was really impressed. I don't know if it was the polish, or maybe because I let my base coat completely dry before applying. I don't know. But, when I took it off, it was because I wanted to change colors, not because of wear.

1 coat Orly Bonder, 3 coats T&C, 1 coat SV










16 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love polishes this shade, they remind me of the ocean o.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too!! Makes me wish I was there. lol.

      Delete
  2. Love this! Would look great in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a perfect summer shade!

      Delete
  3. uhhh now I want it :)Lovely colour for summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. It's in Essie's core collection, I believe. Or, you can get it on Amazon for really cheap.

      Delete
  4. gorgeous color, it seems i just can't get enough of these shades :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, either! I love these and coral shades!

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty colour. How do you paint your nails so perfectly!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've been painting my nails consistently for nearly a year now, so lots of practice, a steady hand, and careful application. I find I don't need much cleanup anymore, but a small eyeliner brush dipped in acetone helps with lines and any that may have pooled in the cuticles. And thank you very much :)

      Delete
  6. I am loving the shade:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely a favorite color among nail polish enthusiasts.

      Delete
  7. This looks absolutely stunning with your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I have found that these bright, summer colors really do look good on me. And to think when I first got into polish, my favorite colors were neutrals. lol.

      Delete