Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Julep Hayden

Julep Hayden, while tedious to apply, is well worth the payoff. A bright neon, orange-y peach, is perfect for summer. This color makes even the lightest hands look tan. The first thing the girls at work said to me when I wore this was, "Oh, I love your nail polish. It makes you look so tan!".

I would definitely consider this a neon polish, so you need two coats for full coverage and to even it all out.  I did find that it chipped rather quickly even though I used my normal regimen of base & top coats. I would venture to say this probably dries matte-ish without a top coat, but I am never patient enough to find out. I always put on top coat while my polish is still tacky.

Also, like with most neons, my camera had a hard time capturing the brightness of this polish. I mean, this is bright. It looks like it would glow in the dark. Not quite as bright as some of the neon  yellows out right now, but pretty close.

Here's 1 coat Orly Bonder, 2 coats Hayden, 1 coat SV.









8 comments:

  1. It looks brighter and darker in real life imo. And I agree with the chipping problem. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. It is a little darker and MUCH brighter in person. Neons are hard shades to capture, I think.

      Delete
  2. I really love this colour! It does look great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so gorgeous on you! I can see why you got so many compliments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It makes me want to try out more neons to see if they have the same effect. lol.

      Delete