Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Nail Art - Memorial Day Mani

I wore this mani yesterday for Memorial Day. I will probably keep in on all day today, as well, so I can show it off at work :)


I started off with two coats of Orly Au Champagne, then put a coat of Orly Prisma Gloss Gold over it. Next, I cut a piece of scotch tape in half, placed it in a diagonal line across my nail, then painted one coat of OPI Big Apple Red and two coats of China Glaze Ride the Waves. When the tape started getting gunky, I just used acetone and wiped it off. Amazingly, it had enough stick power for all my nails. Who woulda thunk it? Finally, I added the gold stripes with the LA Colors nail art polish in Gold Glitter and topped it off with a healthy coat of SV.






What do you think? It kinda reminds me of Captain America. lol.

18 comments:

  1. Ooo ooo I am so not used to seeing you do any nail art, but after this I'm thinking that you should more often! This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Usually I don't have the time or inspiration for nail art, but I like doing it every now and then. I'm also a little too timid to try some of the harder designs. But, thanks again...sometimes I even surprise myself!

      Delete
  2. I too did this kind of nail art but with diff colors....you have done this so beautifully Sarah:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! This kind of design looks good with lots of different colors. It's so fun and versatile.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm its beautiful. I might have to get out my scotch tape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Thank you...and you should! Scotch tape manis are so easy, and look great!

      Delete
  4. It does remind me of Captian America.Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. Thanks. I rarely try nail art, so I am so excited when it turns out well.

      Delete
  5. This is such an awesome mani! Love it, which I had the skills to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! And really, you do have the skills! It was just scotch tape. lol. It's the easiest thing ever, just try one day while you are bored.

      Delete