Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Nail Polish Survey

I  saw this survey on Embellished Nails, and thought it would be fun to do. Leave me a comment if you decide to do this! I would love to read everyone else's answers!


How many polishes do you have in your stash?
A little over 500 now

Which brand do you own the most of?
China Glaze. With Essie, OPI, Zoya, and Sinful Colors all close behind.

What colors do you own the most of?
Oh boy, probably coral-ish shades.

Do you have a color/texture you do not own?
Nope. lol.

What's the one polish you always pick up to lift your spirits?
Anything bright and easy to apply. I always am trying to use different polishes that are untrieds, so I don't really stick to one polish.

What polish do you keep looking at and wondering why you haven't gotten rid of it yet?
Klean Colors...I have been letting my daughter use them and they are starting to get pretty thick and goopy!

Franken any? or I'm nervous to try it?
I haven't tried. I admire others that come up with such beautiful polish, so I will just leave it to them :)

Do you franken for new/original polish ideas or franken for polish you won't be able to own?
If I did franken, it would be for fun, new shades that I wanted but couldn't find.

Go-to Base Coat?
Orly Bonder

Go-to Top Coat?
Seche Vite.

What's your sexiest polish?
Anything dark and sparkly

Stamping vs Free Hand?
I don't have much experience with stamping, so free hand for now!

Bling me, baby? or No bling for me, please!
Rhinestone mani's are so pretty, but I have never done one myself. But, I sometimes do like a super glittery mani, so it just depends.

I consider my nails basically nekkid if they don' t have some kind of design?
Not at all. I mostly only wear one color manis with no nail art.

My favorite plate/tool/technique?
Anything that I can use my striping polish or dotting tools! lol.

What I haven't tried and want to within the month?
I want to try the skinny striping tape.

The one elusive polish you want and can't seem to get?
Essie Greenport

What was the last nail related thing you bought?
China Glaze Summer Neon collection

How many nail related hauls have you bought in the last 7 days (on-line/in-person)?
Just one haul, and bought a couple polishes here and there.

If you've ever been on a no-buy, how long did it last? Is that what you planned?
I was on a no-buy for a couple months back in the winter because I didn't have a job. That was pretty much what I planned.

(and one question to grow on) Hobby? Addiction? Compulsion? Passing Fancy? Love?
Started as a hobby and is now definitely an Addiction/Compulsion. I can't just buy a few from a collection, I need the entire line. I don't know why. I may be getting out of hand.

8 comments:

  1. How many polishes do you have in your stash?
    A little over 500 now

    Which brand do you own the most of?
    China Glaze

    What colors do you own the most of?
    Reds

    Do you have a color/texture you do not own?
    Nope. lol.

    What's the one polish you always pick up to lift your spirits?
    A true red or a bright but not neon orange.

    What polish do you keep looking at and wondering why you haven't gotten rid of it yet?
    The Maybelline Coloramas I've had for over 10 years!

    Franken any? or I'm nervous to try it?
    too nervous, lol

    Do you franken for new/original polish ideas or franken for polish you won't be able to own?
    I don't.

    Go-to Base Coat?
    Essie Protien Base Coat

    Go-to Top Coat?
    Seche Vite

    What's your sexiest polish?
    Dark vampy reds

    Stamping vs Free Hand?
    stamping

    Bling me, baby? or No bling for me, please!
    It depends on my mood.

    I consider my nails basically nekkid if they don' t have some kind of design?
    They are only naked if they have no polish.

    My favorite plate/tool/technique?
    My dotting tools.

    What I haven't tried and want to within the month?
    water marbling

    The one elusive polish you want and can't seem to get?
    Illamasqua Phallic

    What was the last nail related thing you bought?
    I placed my order for Floam and Sticks 'n Stones

    How many nail related hauls have you bought in the last 7 days (on-line/in-person)?
    2

    If you've ever been on a no-buy, how long did it last? Is that what you planned?
    My husband would adore a no-buy but good luck convincing me!

    (and one question to grow on) Hobby? Addiction? Compulsion? Passing Fancy? Love?
    All of it? I started painting my nails as a kid when a certain babysitter discovered that was the best way to keep me occupied, lol. I've gone through phases in my life where I haven't painted my nails much but I'd say I'm really over that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing!! I love bright oranges, too! :)

      Delete
  2. How many polishes do you have in your stash?
    A little over 150 probably. Rough estimate

    Which brand do you own the most of?
    Probably Sally Hansen

    What colors do you own the most of?
    Blues definately

    Do you have a color/texture you do not own?
    I only have like 2 greens

    What's the one polish you always pick up to lift your spirits?
    I have too many to list.

    What polish do you keep looking at and wondering why you haven't gotten rid of it yet?
    An old revlon color

    Franken any? or I'm nervous to try it?
    I tried, but it didn't work very well.

    Do you franken for new/original polish ideas or franken for polish you won't be able to own?
    For new colors

    Go-to Base Coat?
    Essie grow faster

    Go-to Top Coat?
    Seche Vite

    What's your sexiest polish?
    A shimmery red color

    Stamping vs Free Hand?
    Stamping, you can get so many cool designs with minimal effort.

    Bling me, baby? or No bling for me, please!
    Probably no bling.

    I consider my nails basically nekkid if they don' t have some kind of design?
    No most of the things I wear are plain colors.

    My favorite plate/tool/technique?
    I like too many!

    What I haven't tried and want to within the month?
    I'm not sure.

    The one elusive polish you want and can't seem to get?
    Hmm Floam

    What was the last nail related thing you bought?
    OPI Just Spotted the Lizard

    How many nail related hauls have you bought in the last 7 days (on-line/in-person)?
    Maybe 1

    If you've ever been on a no-buy, how long did it last? Is that what you planned?
    Never done it,

    (and one question to grow on) Hobby? Addiction? Compulsion? Passing Fancy? Love?
    I'd say love <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Floam is so beautiful. I always admire it on blogs, but I never think I will be able to get it!

      Delete
  3. I did it on my blog http://www.amberdidit.com/2012/05/nail-polish-survey.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for participating and sharing! :)

      Delete
  4. 500! wow, that's awesome, I usually give nail polish away to friends as I buy more, no wonder I don't have any collections! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I give dupes to friends or occasionally I will just buy them the color they like if it is something in expensive like China Glaze. I'm too much of a hoarder to give away my own polish. lol.

      Delete