Thursday, May 3, 2012

OPI Lunch At The Delhi

Dear OPI,
       I'm sorry I have strayed from you for so long. I was intrigued by the lower prices, interesting colors, and cool collections of other brands. You are always my true love.
Signed Sincerely,
Sarah

I almost forgot how amazing OPI's formula is. While I find their colors to be somewhat boring as of lately, they are always very consistent with formula.

Lunch At The Delhi is a dusty rose polish with a creme consistency, yet a jelly-like finish. Pure love. This color is great for someone who is fair skinned like me, but wants a red polish. I find true reds to look somewhat jarring on my skin tone and give me old lady hands. It had a slightly sheer quality to it that reminded me of a jelly, but was nearly opaque on the third coat.

I don't mind three coat polishes that are easy to apply. I hate three coat polishes that you have to do three coats for the polish to look good. There was hardly any streaking even on the first coat, and if you can deal with a little more VNL, it would have been fine with two.

Also, this dried VERY shiny even without a top coat. Anyways, onto the pics...

1 coat Orly Bonder, 3 coats Lunch At The Delhi, 1 coat SV.








10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, my prize arrived this morning and it really has made my week!! I have wanted a stamping kit for ages and the polishes are amazing, i can't buy them here in the U.K so they are extra special, and i love the variety of colours, they are so beautiful. Thank you, you have truly made me happy. Hope you have an amazing day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I am so glad that it arrived to you safely and that you like the colors! :)
      And thanks for letting me know you received it :)

      Delete
  2. Lol your intro had me laughing! Lunch At The Delhi is very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I like Lunch At The Delhi! It's such a pretty colour!

    I'm really pale and find most reds are very harsh and wrong-looking next to my skin - but this one looks lovely!

    Em
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have that problem with reds, too. I love them, but they are VERY harsh on me. This one didn't do that to my skin tone, but still had the look of a red polish.

      Delete
  4. lovely color... and you have perfect nails :-D

    ReplyDelete