Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Zoya Kate

I have a love/hate relationship with jelly polishes. And it's a very thin line. On one hand, I love the shiny, squishy finish of a jelly. The bright, yet sheer colors.  Then comes the dislikes...how it seems to want to pull away from my tips no matter what I do. Ones that are TOO sheer. Some make it look like there dirt under my fingernails, even though they are clean. Ugh.

Zoya Kate falls somewhere on the love/hate line. I would love the bright pinkish-red color, but it's just a bit too sheer, in my opinion. Also, I don't find the color to be that unique. I am pretty sure OPI's Texas Collection did jellies like this, but better. Don't get me wrong, I still love Zoya, this was just a miss for me personally.

Kate was a limited edition shade that was sold in the Blogger Collection by Birchbox.







Did you guys buy the Blogger Trio?? What did you think of the colors?

7 comments:

  1. i LOVE the colors, but haven't used them. My Kate spilled in the trio box, and i am just waiting to hear back from Birchbox. I wish Zoya just sold these. i'm just about done with Birchbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps---the trio will be my very first jellies! if i ever get to wear them :)

      Delete
    2. Well, wait to get your Kate replaced before you are done! lol. Jellies are really fun polishes. They have a great finish for spring/summer...Very 'squishy' looking.

      Delete
  2. I like this! Sorry it wasn't for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like with most polishes I'm iffy on, I usually give them a second chance. Sometimes when the formula is different than I'm used to, it takes a time or two to get it right. I saw swatches on Scrangie that looked amazing, go I'm holding off on a final verdict til I see if I can get a more opaque look from her.

      Delete
  3. I really like the colors. I haven't tried them yet, but want to.

    ReplyDelete